The proverb “When it rains, it pours” seems apt for this week. From not blogging for the past two months to three posts within the span of one week is overwhelming even for me!The reason for this post is because of a pleasant surprise that I got from a fellow blogger Laura. Actually, cut that. It was really exciting, happening and great surprise. I was humbled to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Laura from the blog “<http://Riddle from the middle>”.
Thank you so much Laura. This is my first award nomination ever, and I am humbled and happy to have received it.
Going by the rules:
- Write a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you for the Liebster Award. Include the Liebster Award sticker in your post or on your blog.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award and notify them in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 10 questions posed by your nominator.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Copy these rules into your post.
The questions given to me by Laura are:
1.If you could choose to take a college class purely for pleasure, what would it be?
I think it would be history and cryptology. The idea comes from Dan Brown’s Da Vinci Code. I have been fascinated by history since when I was a kid, and to decipher scriptures and books written in unknown languages and revealing their deep dark (and may be not so dark)secrets is something which makes it so very happening (to me).
2.Why did you become a blogger?
It gave me the freedom of connecting with people all over and sharing my thoughts with them. And because I love to write and was not sure how people around me would accept my writing. Blogging gave me some anonymity at first. Now, I crave likes and comments!
3.What’s the last guilty pleasure you indulged?
As a working mother of two, getting “me time” is somewhere close to the vicinity of impossible. So last time we went for a holiday, I feigned a headache, handed over charge of my kids to my poor unsuspecting husband and finished off my novel in three hours flat without interruptions. Bliss!!
4.Spring, summer, fall, or winter – which is your favorite and why?
Spring and monsoons. Though out of these, I am partial to the “rainy season” as we call it. I love the way the world looks then, all wet, glistening, fresh and green.
5.You unexpectedly get five hours of downtime, no strings attached. What do you do with it?
Sleep. Or maybe watch one whole season of“Sherlock” back to back.Or read. Or maybe go out cycling.Or…..
6.What was your first paying job? Were you good at it?
I joined my current job two months after I finished my post grad and have been here since. So, hopefully,as I have not been asked to leave, I think I may be a teeny weeny bit good at it!
7.You have one million dollars you must donate but you can only give it to a single organization. What cause do you choose to support? Why?
This one is a bit difficult to answer. There are so many of them doing such a good job and so much need of funds. I think it would be to a fledgling organization which works for a girl child’s education. Or maybe I’ll start one with the same ideology!
8.What made you self-conscious as a child?
Being the center of attention. The same still holds good.
9.Do you enjoy traveling? Why or why not?
I so love travelling. Not only the reaching the destination and exploring part, but the actual looking out on to the road for hours and still not getting bored part too. Therefore, I am very bad travel companion. I am too busy romancing the view outside (yes, even at night and even from airplane windows).
10.What’s your morning routine? What is the one part of that routine you could never give up?
Get up. Brush. Go for a jog. Make breakfast. Cook.Wake the kids. Get them ready.Hurry. Hurry. Hurry. Then get dressed and run for work. I would not miss the brushing part. I am too obsessive for that!
Thanks again for the nomination Laura.
The blogs that I have immensely enjoyed reading and hence nominate are:
I really love reading these blogs and hope you do too. The participation of these bloggers in the process is entirely voluntary.
My questions to you are:
- Which is your all time favorite book and why?
- Which is the one meal that you will remember all your life and why?
- If given a chance, whom would you like to swap places with in this world and why?
- Name one destination that you want an expense paid trip to, and of course, why?
- When did you realize that you wanted to blog and how fast did you act on it?
- Have you faced writer’s block and how do you deal with it?
- Reading, writing or traveling. Pick one.
- Which is the first book that you remember reading?
- If you were stuck on a island, what are the five things that you would want with you?
- What does spiritual mean to you?
Bye for now.